Two young children survive for three days after parents ‘die in bed’

The Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox

Two young children have been found alive at home three days after their parents "died from eating poisoned pickles".

A five-year-old girl and one-year-old boy were discovered when worried relatives could not reach Alexander and Viktoria Yakunin, who have been described as the "perfect couple".

They missed a family gathering and eventually their daughter answered the phone.

The youngster said her dad, 30, and mum, 25, were "sleeping for a long time and added that her dad had "turned all black". She was looking after her younger brother.

Alexander's sister Natalia Bakulina, 36, rushed to their flat to find the couple dead in bed after her niece opened the door.

She said: "I ran in….and saw everything. I fell down and screamed."

Natalia called the police and emergency services, then dressed the children and took them out of the flat in Bolshoye Kuzymokino village, Leningrad Oblast, Russia.

Alexander had been given a jar of homemade pickles by his grandmother the day before he died, and it has reported the jar was open in the kitchen.

  • Leading US preacher predicts a Donald Trump victory followed by asteroid strike

It is suspected that botulinum toxin from the pickles is the cause of death.

The toxin causes paralysis and sometimes death through respiratory failure.

Neighbour Mikhail Khomchenko ruled out alcohol poisoning, saying the couple did not drink.

He said: “I have only positive feelings about them,” before stressing they were a "perfect couple”.

The tragic children are now being cared for by Alexander’s father.

  • Russia
  • Family

Source: Read Full Article