Queen spotted driving car as she breaks cover for first time since hospital stay

Don’t miss a thing by getting the Daily Star’s biggest headlines straight to your inbox!

The Queen has been seen for the first time since her stay in hospital as she is spotted at the wheel of a car this morning.

Her Majesty was spotted wearing a headscarf and sunglasses as she was spotted driving her Jaguar around Windsor today.

The Queen has not been seen since she was taken to hospital following "preliminary tests".

She was later discharged from a private medical hospital and was in "good spirits".

The Queens has since been told to rest until Mid-November and has already cancelled a number of appearances.

Today's photo of the Queen at the wheel demonstrates the monarch is recovering following her 'scare'.

She has returned to light work already with hosting dignitaries. over a videolink.

The Queen also addressed those attending the COP26 summit, which she was due to be at, by recording a message.

Despite Her Majesty appearing to be feeling better, she is expected to still be unable to attend the Festival of Remembrance at the Royal Albert Hall on November 13.

  • Meghan and Harry snubbed as royal family roll out big guns with 'new Fab Four'

Speaking to the Mirror, a senior royal source said: "The doctors who are advising Her Majesty to rest would have to have a very strong case to stop her going.

"It remains her firm intention to be present for the National Service of Remembrance on ­Remembrance Sunday.

"Her Majesty regrets she will be unable to attend the Festival of Remembrance on Saturday, November 13."

  • 'Classy' Meghan Markle buys coffee for charity workers as they fight for paid leave

Over the weekend, the Dean of Windsor is understood to have come to Windsor Castle to carry out a full private mass for The Queen.

It is reported that due to the Queen giving up alcohol, Her Majesty used grape juice.

The Queen would normally go out to church but due to concerns over her health, has been praying at her home.

  • Royal photographer opens up on touching candid moment between Queen and Prince George

On Friday, Buckingham Palace announced The Queen would return to “light, desk-based duties” until she recovers fully in two weeks time.

There are currently four members of the royal family who are responsible to take over duties should Her Majesty be unable to,

The four current counsellors are Prince Charles, Prince William, Prince Andrew and Prince Harry but it is reported that Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, could step up her duties as well.

  • Camilla to take on greater royal responsibilities in wake of Queen health fears

Last week, Boris Johnson also praised the Queen for her recovery and continued efforts during their weekly conversation.

He confirmed Her Majesty was in “good form”.

Johnson said: “She has been told by her doctors that she has got to rest and I think we have got to respect that and understand that and everybody wishes her all the very best.”

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.


  • Queen

Source: Read Full Article