Home » World News » Prince William ‘upset’ Meghan brought up Kate story in Oprah interview
Prince William ‘upset’ Meghan brought up Kate story in Oprah interview
March 18, 2021
The Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox
Prince William is “upset” that Kate Middleton was mentioned during the bombshell Oprah Winfrey interview, a royal expert has claimed.
During their chat with the US TV host, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle made a series of startling allegations against the Royal Family.
At one point, the Duchess of Sussex responded to reports that she had made Kate cry.
She insisted the opposite had happened in 2018 during a feud over flower girl dresses before her wedding to Harry.
Royal biographer Angela Levin told US Weekly that William was upset by the story.
Describing his relationship with Harry, she added: “I don’t think they could ever have the same closeness that they had before.”
Levin, who interviewed the Duke of Sussex for her 2018 book Harry: A Biography of a Prince, claimed: “Prince Harry told me that William was the only person he could really trust and the only person he could say anything to because of their unique experience of losing a mother.
“They have a lot in common, although they’re very different personalities. But I think it’s gone too far.”
A Kensington Palace spokeswoman declined to comment when approached by the Daily Star.
During the interview, Harry said that William and his dad Prince Charles were still “trapped” within the Royal Family.
Murderer dad-of-two spent year on run after dumping man's body by side of road
He also told Oprah that he and William were on “different paths”.
Harry said: “As I’ve said before, I love William to bits.
“He’s my brother. We’ve been through hell together. We have a shared experience, but we were on different paths.”
Earlier this week, Oprah’s friend and fellow journalist Gayle King revealed that Harry, William, and Charles had spoken for the first time since the interview aired.
However, she said the talks were “unproductive”.
King also claimed that the interview would have been postponed if Prince Philip had passed away in hospital.
She said during a radio interview: "Well just so you know, they had done that interview before Prince Phillip went into the hospital and if something, God forbid, had happened to him, the interview would not have run at this particular time.
"But the interview was done and was scheduled before he went into the hospital. But a lot of people have raised that point."
Philip was eventually discharged on Tuesday, March 16, after a month-long stint in hospital.
Get latest news headlines delivered free
Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?
We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.
Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.
You can sign up here – you won't regret it…
King defended Harry and Meghan’s decision to speak out against the Royal Family and said Meghan had proof to back up her allegations.
The 66-year-old continued: "To be in this country saying that his brother and his father he believes are trapped and thatthe Queenwas getting bad advice, but I think that Harry and Meghan both have been through so much for the past three years and they really have tried to work it out privately."