Home » World News » Prince Harry will return to UK with Netflix film crew and ‘plans to visit Queen’
Prince Harry will return to UK with Netflix film crew and ‘plans to visit Queen’
August 15, 2021
Prince Harry is set to return to the UK with a film crew in tow for a weekend at the end of the year as part of his £100m Netflix deal.
The Duke of Sussex, 36, is due to lead planning for new year's military veterans' Invictus games in Holland.
He will pay a visit to his grandmother, the Queen, after being filmed giving a speech at the Army's rehabilitation centre in Nottinghamshire, sources told the Sunday Express.
It was not clear if would also make time to see his brother Prince William.
He is likely to leave behind his wife, Meghan, 40, and their children, Archie, two, and baby Lilibet, in their £11million Montecito mansion for his flying visit to Stanford Hall where he is expected to be flanked by a small film crew.
The crew, employed by Archewell Productions, will be filming as part of a £100m deal struck last year between Netflix and the Sussex’s Archewell Foundation, to produce Heart of Invictus, a documentary on the games.
It will be directed by British documentary-maker, a team already credited with an Academy Award for their short film The White Helmets, and a BAFTA for Virunga, set in the Congo’s Virunga national park.
Archewell Productions was formed by the couple last year to “utilise the power of storytelling to embrace our shared humanity and duty to truth through a compassionate lens”.
Meghan Markle's 'rubbish' project has 'gone down so badly in the UK' expert claims
Prince Harry, who served two tours in Afghanistan, remains passionate about the Invictus Games which he established in 2013 after witnessing the US’s similar Warrior Games for veterans with physical and mental disabilities.
Invictus Foundation chairman Lord Sir Charles Allen has already briefed staff about the weekend event which will shape plans for April’s games.
A source told the Sunday Express: “The Duke of Sussex will want to make sure we are ready as the last games were cancelled because of Covid.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry suffering 'brand crisis' after Obama 'snub' – commentator
“We are hoping that the situation in April next year allows the games to go ahead as planned, in Holland. Our understanding is that the Duke of Sussex will be accompanied by a small film crew in order to allow the public to see the hard work involved in planning these games.”
In 2019 biographer Angela Levin revealed: “One of the things he said to me though was that he was in a big rush to make changes and to do something that’s really valuable.
“Because, he said, ‘All too soon George and Charlotte will be hogging all the films’.”
To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.
Polling by YouGov has revealed that Prince Harry’s popularity ratings here have plunged 50 points since 2017, when he was Britain’s favourite Royal after the Queen, to second-to-bottom – above controversy-riven Prince Andrew.
Separate research into Google Trends online, by Top 10 Casinos, last week revealed Meghan Markle has seen an 18.6% decrease in online searches while the Duchess of Cambridge has seen a 50% increase.