Home » World News » Mum shares horror clip of daughter looking ‘possessed’ after drink was ‘spiked’
Mum shares horror clip of daughter looking ‘possessed’ after drink was ‘spiked’
August 3, 2021
Don’t miss a thing by getting the Daily Star’s biggest headlines straight to your inbox!
A mum has issued a heartbreaking warning to parents after her daughter allegedly had her drink spiked at a nightclub.
Claire, from Southend-on-Sea, Essex, said her daughter Millie Taplin was left in a state appearing "frozen" and "possessed" for four hours after her first night out at a club since turning 18.
She posted a video of Millie lying on a hospital bed and said: "As disturbing as it is, if that saves one girl, just one, then it’s worth sharing. Nothing can prepare you to see that."
In it, Millie struggles to get a word out as she clenches her jaw and turns her head left and right.
Her fingers are bent in a tensed position while Claire tries to comfort her.
"It’s just absolutely horrendous. She looked possessed," Claire said.
"I was numb. I was looking at her and thought, 'What the hell have they given her', because I’ve never seen anything like it in my life.
"She was completely frozen, her hands were like claws."
Claire recalled Millie went out with a group of friends at the Moo Moo nightclub in Southend and said a man, who was with a group of people she knew, offered her a vodka and lemonade drink and said "try this".
Teary man shares hardest part of dating single mums in emotional video
The young woman took a sip or two of the drink and began to feel unwell about five to 10 minutes later.
She was eventually taken to a hospital, where Claire rushed to see her daughter.
Millie, who is now recovered from the freak sickness, remembered that she was so scared before she "knew everything going on" but couldn't respond to it.
She said: "In my head I was there but in my body I wasn't. I've never felt like that.
"The doctors were really supportive and trying to calm me down. I was in such a state when I arrived. I was so scared.
"I don't ever want to go through that again. It was horrible."
Size 10 woman blasts Primark for 's*** sizing' after size 14 shorts don't fit
Claire said they reported the incident to Essex Police and the nightclub.
An Essex Police spokesman said: "We are investigating after we received a report of a woman having a drink spiked at a nightclub in Southend.
"It is reported that an 18-year-old woman had taken ill outside a venue in Warrior Square.
"The report was made to us at 3.30am on Sunday 1 August. The woman was taken to hospital for assessment.
"No arrests have been made and our enquiries are ongoing."
A spokesman for Moo Moo nightclub said: "We urge all customers to be present when their drink is ordered and that they do not leave it unattended.
"The alleged drink spiked appears to have been accepted from a person known to the lady affected and whilst it was not reported to us at the time, we are assisting the police who are dealing with the matter."