Donald Trump health fears: President high risk with COVID – Andrew Neil highlights worries

We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.

Donald Trump announced he and First Lady Melania Trump had tested positive for coronavirus on Twitter earlier this morning. The President, 74, is not yet showing any symptoms but broadcaster Andrew Neil has pointed out Mr Trump is in a number of high-risk groups.

Mr Neil pointed out the President is over-70, making him clinically vulnerable to coronavirus.

Weight is also a high-risk factor, with Mr Trump being officially classed within the obese category, according to his latest health checkup.

In February 2019 the President had a weight of 243lb (110kg) and a height of 6ft 3ins, giving him a BMI of 30.4, which places him in the obese category.

Mr Trump is also understood to do little exercise.

The First Lady is not believed to be in the high-risk category, as she is 50-years-old and regularly exercises to retain her trim figure.

Mr Neil wrote on Twitter: “President Trump showing no symptoms so far but he is in several high risk groups: over 70, overweight, no exercise regime, poor diet.”

President Trump also announced the news of his positive coronavirus test on Twitter, shortly before 6am GMT.

He wrote: “Tonight, @FLOTUS and I tested positive for COVID-19.

“We will begin our quarantine and recovery process immediately.

JUST IN: Dr Hilary warns Trump ‘220 times’ more likely to die of COVID-19

“We will get through this TOGETHER!”

It comes after Hope Hicks, one of his closest aides, tested positive for coronavirus.

The aide travelled with the President on Tuesday for the first presidential TV debate with Democratic rival Joe Biden aboard Air Force One.

She also travelled with the President during his rally in Minnesota on Wednesday.

DON’T MISS:

Joe Biden coronavirus: Could Joe Biden be at risk of covid? [INSIGHT]
US election 2020: Is US election delayed as Donald Trump gets COVID? [ANALYSIS]
FTSE 100 LIVE: US stock futures extend losses as Trump tests positive [BLOG]

Mr Trump’s physician Sean Conley has said both the President and the First Lady are well and will both quarantining at the White House.

He said in a statement: “The President and First Lady are both well at this time, and they plan to remain at home within the White House during their convalescence.

“The White House medical team and I will maintain a vigilant watch, and I appreciate the support provided by some of our country’s greatest medical professionals and institutions.

“Rest assured I expect the President to continue carrying out his duties without disruption while recovering, and I will keep you updated on any future developments.”

The President had already announced he and the First Lady were in quarantine, following Ms Hick’s positive test result.

He tweeted: “Hope Hicks, who has been working so hard without even taking a small break, has just tested positive for COVID 19. Terrible!

“The First Lady and I are waiting for our test results. In the meantime, we will begin our quarantine process!”

Source: Read Full Article