Boy dies after phone explodes during online class while plugged in charging

Don’t miss a thing by getting the Daily Star’s biggest headlines straight to your inbox!

An elementary school pupil died after his phone exploded while it was charging during an online class in Vietnam.

According to a senior education official, the boy was using his phone for the class when it suddenly exploded and set fire to his clothes.

As reported by Tuoi Tre News, the phone was on charge at the time of the explosion.

The boy, given the name NVQ in reports, was attending class at home in Nghe An Province due to Covid restrictions in the country limiting students time in school.

He was in fifth grade at Nam Anh Elementary School and in their online class at around 4pm, when the incident occurred.

Neighbours ran to the house and rushed the boy to hospital but he sadly passed away shortly before arriving.

The manufacturer of the phone is still not known and if the charging cable was suitable for the phone.

Le Trung Son, a senior education official, confirmed the news and said officials visited the family to offer their condolences.

Reports say police are investigating the case.

  • Domestic violence campaigner revealed as vile rapist who abused his wife

However, according to VN Express, Nguyen Hong Son, chairman of Nam Dan District, said the boy’s family does not want the incident investigated.

The incident comes as an 18-year-old college student died after his bed caught fire after his phone, which was connected to a charger, sparked in India on Saturday.

According to the Times of India, the student died from burn injuries as he failed to escape the blaze.

  • Woman has her 'first child at age 70' and becomes one of world’s oldest mums

To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.

According to PCMag.com, the chances of a phone explosion are slim but there are reasons for it.

The main reason for this is excessive heat, which is usually caused if a charging battery or overworked processor quickly becomes too hot.

It could also be affected if the phone has any physical damage that could affect the inner workings of the battery.

  • Fire

Source: Read Full Article