Home » Politics » IDS in blistering attack on WHO after doubtful China report released ‘Need major surgery!’
IDS in blistering attack on WHO after doubtful China report released ‘Need major surgery!’
March 30, 2021
WHO 'needs major surgery on its structure' says IDS
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters.Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer.Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights.You can unsubscribe at any time.
Iain Duncan Smith has delivered a scathing undressing of the World Health Organisation (WHO) following their leaked report that stated it is “highly unlikely” Covid started in a Wuhan lab. Speaking to talkRADIO on Tuesday, the former Work and Pensions Secretary said the WHO “is in need of major major surgery” following the report. He claimed it “is not an independent investigation as he furiously warned that Chinese officials tightly controlled the visit of WHO investigators.
Iain Duncan Smith said: “The WHO is in need of major major surgery.
“At the critical moment, it failed, it’s not a blame of theirs, it’s the structure.”
He added the WHO scientists when to “hardly any places” at all to do the investigation.
Sir Iain concluded that this was a result of being chained down by the Chinese authorities who he claims are not allowing a full and independent investigation.
JUST IN: Brexit LIVE: Bitter Macron targets thousands of UK expats in France – new papers rejected
He said “it is not an independent investigation” and instead “it is what the Chinese have allowed them to do.”
Discussing the spread of the virus across the world and the failure of containment of the virus, IDS claimed that “China knew about human transfer in December”.
The Tory politician said: “China refused to tell the WHO when asked.
“Subsequently through a whole process, they (the WHO) didn’t actually officially tell the Chinese that they had an epidemic in China, by which stage a load of Chinese people had travelled to various places around the world.”
Mike Pompeo raises concern over 'security' in China virus labs
The leaked WHO report stated that it is “extremely unlikely” that coronavirus, which has killed millions across the world, originated in a lab in China.
Detailing the WHO’s findings the report said there was no evidence that the virus was created in a lab as a number of theories had suggested over the past year.
The document reads: “Although rare, laboratory accidents do happen, and different laboratories around the world are working with bat [coronaviruses].
US spy plane conducts closest fly-by manoeuvre amid surging tensions China plot: Panic as hundreds of ships manned by armed militia Philippines accuses Beijing of ‘provocative action’ in South China Sea
Last week Iain Duncan Smith was banned from China for speaking out against “genocide taking place there” of Uyghur’s.
He told Sky News it was a “badge of honour” to speak out against the horrendous abuses the Chinese government are waging against the minority Muslim Uyghur population in the western province Chinese of Xinjiang.
Hitting out at China, Sir Iain said: “We are literally I believe seeing genocide take place there in an attempt to exterminate a whole ethnic group.”
He added “as far as I’m concerned I intend to continue to speak out many of my colleagues have spoken out.”